Each year, Catholics from across the state gather in Tallahassee to participate in Catholic Days at the Capitol (CDAC). This two-day event provides an opportunity for the faithful to put a call to political responsibility into action and to strengthen the presence of Catholic values in the public square. By joining together to advocate for laws that protect and defend human life and dignity, Catholic Floridians can give a voice to some of the most vulnerable and marginalized populations in our state and help promote the common good for all Florida residents.
Catholic Days activities include:
- A legislative briefing on policy issues affecting human life and dignity
- Pre-scheduled meetings with lawmakers
- A breakfast for Catholic Days participants, Florida’s bishops and legislators
- Group photos of each diocesan delegation with their bishop
- Tours of the current and historic capitol buildings
- The opportunity to view the legislative process in action
- Annual Red Mass of the Holy Spirit concelebrated by the bishops of Florida to pray for those working in the legislative, judicial and executive branches of government
The next Catholic Days at the Capitol are March 7-8, 2023, Tallahassee, FL. Download the information here:
Locally, the Office of Human Life & Dignity facilitates a Legislative Action Committee as an ongoing direct action in support of CDAC and relevant legislative issues. For more information about the Legislative Action Committee or Catholic Days at the Capitol, contact May Oliver at email@example.com. To learn more about this annual event and to view a listing of the diocesan coordinators in the state of Florida, visit https://www.flaccb.org/cdac.
Rooms are reserved at:
Comfort Suites Tallahassee
1026 Apalachee Pkwy.
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Call (850) 224-3200 or (850)216-0558
Group Name: Catholic Days at the Capital DOSA
REGISTRATION DEADLINE February 17, 2023