The USCCB program Walking with Mom’s in Need requested by Archbishop Naumann and greatly supported by our bishop originated to assist the most vulnerable in our society, the single mother with babies and small children. Currently, these mothers and families need assistance in a critical way only exacerbated by COVID19.
The three-prong approach of this program of prayer, resources, and direct assistance can be simplified to the collection of resources through the generosity of parish collections.
The parish assistance of diapers, wipes and gift cards of small amounts can be a huge assist to this population, especially during these times.
Proposal – Each parish collect diapers, wipes and gift cards of small donations for food stores (Winn Dixie, Save-A-Lot, Walmart, Publix)
- Pastor confirms that his parish will participate.
- Advertise through Parish bulletin, website, PB, Catholic radio, lawn sign.
- Designate a spot to store the collection.
- Drop off items at the parish office or designated storage spot.
- Limited pick up to 1 or 2X a week at parish(am-pm).
- Have Respect Life coordinators coordinate efforts, find parish volunteers to assist and keep in contact with Office of Human Life and Dignity as to the progress of the collection and assistance.
- Due to the present parish shut down diapers, wipes and other baby needs are being donated to local area Food Banks.
For more information on the program, visit