Every human life, from conception to natural death, is sacred and a gift from God. As the fundamental principle of human rights, the right to life is the priority for all Catholics who actively work toward cultivating a world that respects the dignity of the human person in all stages.
The Diocese of St. Augustine affirms the intrinsic value of human life and dignity. In so doing, we set out to provide educational resources and advocacy to mobilize the local Catholic community in the celebration of the gift of human life and witness to the Gospel of Life.
Below are some End of Life Decision Resources:
- End-of-Life Planning: A Catholic Introduction | Spanish
- Understanding the Catholic Declaration on Life and Death | Spanish
- Catholic Declaration of Life and Death Advance Directive | Spanish
Other Topics Related to End of Life Issues:
- Assisted Suicide: A Catholic Response | Spanish
- Patients Rights Council, www.patientsrightscouncil.org, 1-800-958-9678
- Patients Rights Action Fund, www.patientsrightsaction.org, (609) 759-0322
In addition, the Office of Human Life & Dignity facilitates a workshop entitled End of Life Training: “A Question of Compassion” – a webinar with Father Leonard Chuwa, AJ, Director, System of Ethics and Spiritual Care for Ascension Health. Contact May Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule training.